Mr. Liu, Fei Fung
Xiang Tai Water & Electricity Facility Company
Taipei (Doctoral program, National Taipei University of Technology)
• Name University (St. John’s)
• University (NTUT)
2F, No. 1, Alley 2, Lane 65, Daye Rd., Beitou District, Taipei, Taiwan 112, R.O.C.
With experience dating back to 1989, Xiang Tai Water and Electricity Company was founded in 1993. Xiang Tai believes in saving water, lowering cost, protecting the environment, and giving back to the community. The company’s staff would like to seize this opportunity to thank the officials of the Taipei Water Department and the construction-supervising authorities for their guidance, as well as to express its gratitude to the residents for their support. We strive to constantly develop safe and effective methods to provide quality service as our contribution to make the world a better place.
Judges' Comments (check this)
1. Xiang Tai Water and Electricity Company has expertise in waterpipes replacement, using cutting-edge technology with new and creative methods.
2. The company’s presentation in seminars demonstrated a futurist approach for water conservation and environmental protection.
I. Selected examples
1. Completely replaced water pipes in Fu Xing Li, Beitou District, Taipei City and increased water pressure in the pipe network.
2. Assisted Taipei Water Department in briefing the residents on the pipe construction. Moved pipes and water meters in the fire alleys in Fu Xing Li to the front. Replaced old pipes with stainless steel ones in households to avoid leakage and conserve water resources.
1. Demonstrated water-saving construction methods to Taipei Water Department and members of the industry.
2. Co-sponsoring with the Underground Pipe Association and the Sewerage Association, Xiang Tai Water & Electricity Facility Company held annual Water Supply Day promotion campaigns at Citizen Square in front of Taipei County Government building.
3. Demonstrated water-saving construction method at Kaohsiung and Ilan branches of the Taiwan Water Corporation on invitation.
Awards and Honors
1. Took part in the urgent repair of a 2000mm major pipeline leak and related integration work at Section 3, Hsin Sheng North Road, Taipei City, near Taipei Fine Arts Museum on April 27, 1995. (Acknowledged by Taipei Water Department)
2. Took part in the urgent repair of a 500mm major pipeline leak and related integration work at Da Yeh Road, Taipei City, on March 5, 2004. (Acknowledged by Engineer Division, Taipei Water Department)
＊Former Director of Tokyo Bureau of Waterworks inspected a construction site in Taiwan.
＊Officials from Taipei Water Department inspected the improvements.
＊Demonstration of water-saving construction methods as part of the Water Supply Day activities.
＊Before the construction, pipes were in the ditch and pumps were required.
＊Developing new construction methods with engineers.